MILITARY REFERENCES AND RESOURCES
- Why Hire A Civilian Military Defense Attorney?
- Sexual Assault In The Military
- Article 31 Rights
- Larceny and Financial Fraud
- Boards of Inquiry
- Separation From Service
- 2008 Manual for Courts-Martial
- 2012 Manual For Courts-Martial
- Army Enlisted Separations
- Army Officer Separations
- Air Force Enlisted Separations
- Air Force Officer Separations
- Army Administrative Investigation Guide
- Air Force Board of Corrections Guidelines
Military Criminal Law Resources and Websites
- Department of Defense Directives: www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/dir.html
- Air Force Publications: www.e-publishing.af.mil/
- Army Publications: www.apd.army.mil/
Military Court Websites:
- US Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces: www.armfor.uscourts.gov/; has opinions beginning in October 1996.
- Navy-Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals: http://www.jag.navy.mil/nmcca.htm; has opinions from 2004.
- Federal Veterans Laws, Rules and Regulations (LexisNexis 2011). Location: Law Reference KF 7709 .F31.
- Veterans Benefits Manual (Barton F. Stichman et al. eds., LexisNexis 2011). Location: Law Reference KF 7709 .V47.
- Veteran Preference Employment Statutes: A State-by-State and Federal Government Handbook, by V.I. Brown (McFarland 2000). Location: KF 3460 .Z95 B76 2001.
- Department of Veterans Affairs: https://www.va.gov/
- Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims: www.uscourts.cavc.gov/; has opinions beginning in 1989.
- Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors, 2010 Edition: www1.va.gov/opa/publications/benefits_book.asp.
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994 (USERRA) Research Guide: https://law.arizona.edu/Library/Research/Guides/USERRA/default.cfm?page=research
- George R. Wood & Ossai Miazad eds., The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (ABA 2009). Location: Law 3460 .U53 2009.
Uniformed Services Former Spouses Protection Act Resources:
- Pub. L. No. 97-252 § 1001 et seq., 96 Stat. 730 (1982), as amended.
- Military Retirement Benefits in Divorce, Marshal S. Willick (American Bar Association 1998). Location: Law KF 7275 .W55 1998.
- The Complete QDRO Handbook: Dividing ERISA, Military, and Civil Service Pensions and Collection Child Support from Employee Benefit Plans, David Clayton Carrad (3d ed., American Bar Association 2009). Location: Law KF 3512 .C37 2009. Chapter 11 covers the division of military retired pay.
- The Military Divorce Handbook: A Practical Guide to Representing Military Personnel and Their Families, Mark E. Sullivan (2d ed., American Bar Association 2011). Location: Law KF 535 .S85 2011.
- Uniformed Services Former Spouses’ Protection Act Legal Overview: www.dfas.mil/dfas/garnishment/usfspa/legal.html
- USFSPA FAQs: www.dfas.mil/dfas/garnishment/usfspa/faqs.html
- Application for Former Spouse Payments from Retired Pay (DD Form 2293): www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/infomgt/forms/eforms/dd2293.pdf [PDF]
- Garnishment: https://www.dfas.mil/dfas/garnishment.html